Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Post #3

Well this post almost didn't happen.  My laptop was on a major go-slow just before and I very nearly defenestrated the bloody thing.  But I couldn't find my window key.  I have it now, but the laptop has decided to buck up its ideas.

Still feeling a bit under the weather today, but I headed out on the bike anyway.  I decided to take my Felt over a short lumpy ride - the wind is still strong so I headed out into the wind, which would take the strain off my legs on the way back.  That worked to an extent, but there certainly wasn't a 50/50 share of head- and tailwinds.  For anyone that would be interested, I would like to link to the GPS data, but the battery ran out just as I was opening the garage door.  Brilliant.

Well one more day and then I'm going camping for two nights at a small village called Appletreewick - you may have heard of it, just north of Skipton.  It's a family friend's 40th birthday and he'd like to celebrate it by getting wasted and eating grilled meat in a field.  I have to say he has my full backing on this one.  I had fully intended on riding from Pontefract to Appletreewick, but I simply don't feel up to it.  So we're setting off on Friday morning and we should arrive at the campsite for just before lunch... the tent will be up around early evening after much head-scratching, minor disagreements and bent pegs.

It might well rain so it will be handy if they take the plaster/resin cast off my dad's arm tomorrow.  It's been on there for 7 weeks so he's hopeful.  He broke his wrist falling off my other bike in what's known as a "clipless moment"... he had to stop at a junction at the last minute and had a brainfart; failed to unclip from the pedal(s) and so he and my poor bike hit the deck, as one, like a felled tree.  Once I'd stopped laughing and checked the bike over, I offered a hand.  He wasn't impressed.

Anyway I'm off for a drink...

No comments:

Post a Comment